View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #49
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Do the Flames have room for all of Bouma, Ferland, and Wolf on LW?

Ideally, all 3 are bottom 6 left wingers. All 3 will have to clear waivers next year. Can the Flames keep all 3 or will one of them have to be moved?
No, they don't. Because all 3 will be playing bottom 6. All play a similar game and similar style and it's not a Top 6 style, like you mentioned.

I think it will come down to moving one, there's no feasible way to keep all 3 and we risk losing one for nothing when all 3 do have some value in the market. At this point, I think the odd man out is Ferland. There's no way Bouma is moved, he's done nothing but prove his worth. Guys who will drop in front of puck multiple times a night and get up and play still don't come around often. The Flames cannot let him get away. I think if Wolf works on conditioning and getting up to NHL speed, he will be preferred over Ferland because he keeps showing how he can use his body and strength to protect and pass the puck. He's showing more of an offensive upside then Ferland has this year. He's also showing progression if you look at his game when he started and his game today, there is obvious growth. Ferland, he's not showing the growth and progression he should for this season. I think the Flames also have more resources invested in Wolf (and potentially even more if they do re-sign and work with him on the conditioning and skating like they did Hanowski) then they do Ferland, so if they have to make a call, it would probably be to move Ferland.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote