View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #192
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
So your defense of Trump is that he isn't really a racist, he just says racist things to grab the spotlight? Is there a meaningful difference between an actual racist and someone with a well-known national profile who spouts racist views to increase his media exposure? Ponder that question for a moment.
I honestly think that trump is more of a sociopath or narcissist than a racist. Racism is rooted in stereotyping, I think trump uses these issues to build his power, not because he actually believes in anything, though he very well could. He's not just exploiting minorities in his endeavours, his goal always seems to be to do what's in his best interest. To answer your question, I think the only meaningful difference other than the ideological reasoning, is that one is born out of ignorance or stupidity and the other is calculated. Both are bad, just in different ways. The racist person will believe and do racist things, the person saying racist things with an alterior motive will say things so that the racist person believes and does racist things so that they can benefit in some other way. If that makes sense. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, racist or not he's still a jackass.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: