View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #184
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
Yea. And now the extremists on both sides looking for a fight may recreate this in other cities. It's not a natural reaction but you just need to let these clowns get their life's frustrations off heir chest and then it's over.
That definitely worked in Germany. If they would've just let those damn Nazis wear themselves out with the marching and the heiling Hitler stuff, the whole Third Reich could've been avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
I followed the 2016 election closely and don't remember any super ugly policies promised by Trump. His immigration platform was to stop illegal immigration (seems logical), better trade deals (whats wrong with that?), suspension of travel from high risk middle eastern countries (same as Obama) to name a few. Were their others that were offensive that I'm forgetting?
Wanting to ban all Muslims from entering the country? Wanting to institute a religious test for immigrants? Saying he would pay his supporters' legal fees if they hit protesters? Wanting to re-institute the "stop and frisk" policy that was found to be unconstitutional (also unfairly targets people of color, so that feeds right into the racism). Those are just a couple off of the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
This is exactly what is wrong with politics now. People can't discuss without the name calling and spending more time slamming the other person instead of building arguments and them listening to the reply.
When you're still supporting a President when he gives false equivalency to people literally waving Nazi flags and doing Nazi salutes and those protesting them--I have no problem calling that out. If you can't call out the man for refusing to acknowledge blatant racism and domestic terrorism, I have no faith in you as a person. Even Orrin Hatch called it what it was. This is not a partisan issue. This is a cut-and-dried, black-or-white issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
Sorry if you thought it was lame, but that was my perception of that event. I've never heard it called racism till now. I believe Obama is the first President in over 100 years to have a foreign born father, so I didn't think it was a huge stretch for that to become an issue, especially when it dragged on for so long. Please explain how you perceived it to be racist, I'm interested.
Had he dropped the argument once Obama released his birth certificate, this could be explained away. He never dropped it.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post: