View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #925
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
The thing with Dougie he was coming off a 41pt season as a 21 year old so the sky was the limit in the trade that we may have got a potential number 1 Dman. Hamonic we know we got a 2/3 D that we expect to be our 3/4 and he has an amazing contract.

I think there is some truth to tr Dougie trade literally coming out of nowhere. The rumor really didn't have legs until draft day and the rest is history.

Hamonic was a good 2-4 days of rumors with the Flames heavily rumored to be in the mix at the start.

A similar conclusion could be made if we traded for Landeskog vs Pasternak. Give up the same price for both I think fans would be more excited about Pasternak due to the age difference and the untapped ceiling. Landeskog would also be great but you know what you are getting.

Lastly I think it is easier to stomach moving futures when you get a player coming off an ELC vs a guy that is over 25 and on a contract that takes him to UFA status
Try a good 6 to 8 months of rumors with Calgary heavily in the mix. This trade has been in the works for a long time