View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I realize it's different for you because you live there but I'd really rather he not do that so that the young players who conceivably have a potential future in the NHL can get more ice-time, play more games, and have bigger roles.
That'd be great, but unfortunately that only works in theory, not in practice.

We could go through each AHL season for the last 10 years and look at the bottom few teams and there's a good chance they didn't have any impactful AHL vets on the roster and had a lot of rookies.

I'd love the Heat to be comprised entirely of young prospects and still be successful (like the Grand Rapids Griffins, for example), but the Flames don't have any truly high-end prospects that will be on the roster next year. I suppose you could say Granlund would be the most skilled prospects joining the team next season, but that's not enough.

For a team like the Heat, I think Feaster needs to bring in a couple of Keith Aucoins, Darren Haydars and Martin St-Pierres as scoring cornerstones on the Heat. It's not always the best idea to throw rookies to the wolves in their first pro season.

But this is just one of those big AHL debates haha.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: