View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #492
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
With those kinds of polls you never know where they come from, even if they declare to come from somewhere. I wonder....

This has been said so many times already on twitter and the tv news and the various radio talk shows, but it is so important:

As leader, Smith owed a duty to the 450K Albertans for whom she carved out a reason why to vote for WR and not vote PC, that even if her own personal issues caused her to want to abandon the party, she needed to not take a course of action that would immediately shift the result of those votes to, what her voters already demonstrated they did not want. She caused 9 ridings to go PC without a single vote being cast, because, weak.

At most she could have resigned and sat as an independant. That would be repsectable, even, given some of the backwards social elements the WR has within (and as do the PC's... see Bill 10).

She should never again be voted into public office. She is devoid of principle. High River, its your call.
I'm hearing much the same thing from people I know in High River and it's pretty much my view of Smith also. She did it for personal gain and all her excuses are just BS. She can take her fake cardboard smile and shove it where the sun don't shine.