View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #482
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
Nenshi is a year or two older than Anders and Smith, and wasn't part of that crew, actually. Levant was around from time to time, and he and Anders certainly knew each other back then, but I think he might be closer to Nenshi's vintage.
Since we're talking "actually", Smith is the oldest of the bunch, I think by a year. I think Nenshi finished high school early or he accelerated his first degree, but I'm positive he's born in 1972.

None of them ran in the "same crew" to use your words, unless you're talking about the campus groups.

Everyone "knew" Levant and Anders, because they were so loud. And Levant with his brick cell phone was a running joke at the time. He really stuck out.

Quote:
Having known all of these people it is pretty hard to take them seriously. Anders and Levant are cut from the same cloth: attention-seeking agents provocateur for whom politics and ideology are just the next logical phase of competitive debate: a game where the most epithets win, and sincere belief in any principle (whether left or right) is optional, if not actually a hindrance.
I went to UofC 1990-1994, in poli sci. Anders has always been the guy who is all about social conservatisim, to a fault. Levant is far more intelligent and his views are more nuanced.

Quote:
Anders and Levant never believed in anything, which is why neither of them is in any way relevant to real-life political discourse anymore. One is a forgotten and forgettable chapter in the annals of parliament and the other is a loathsome cartoon of himself, screaming into the wilderness from the sidelines of our politics hoping that someday, someone will listen.
I'm no fan of either, but they certainly hold strong beliefs.

Last edited by Kjesse; 12-21-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote