Thread: Injuries
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Injuries

I didn't want to bring up the "Do you workout" thread as I know most people get annoyed of old threads being bumped up but I just had my first major injury.

So I recently injured my right shoulder on July 24th but that was after ignoring what was possibly 3-4 weeks worth of pain before the incident happened that I should have realized something was very wrong. (I'm quite stubborn when it comes to missing gym time)

Anyways, I had it checked out with the family doctor a week later and he told me that I've got an AC Joint Separation on right shoulder and told me to lay off of the Gym/Sport Activities or any physical labor for a couple weeks and to also go back to swimming to strengthen the muscles. He also prescribed me some prescription cream that I seem to have to apply 3 times a day. (and to be honest I don't think it works at all)

It's been just about 3 weeks now and I've got Gym and Hockey With-drawls because of this injury. Through, I don't plan on going back to the gym till September, so hopefully its gets better a lot sooner before that. Anybody have a similar injury and how long did it take to recover?

Also, any information on what I can and can't do at the gym after a shoulder injury would be quite helpful..

Thanks.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote