Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5596
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
How old are you?
I'm 24, turning 25 in October.
I guess I could do 18 if it was a random hook up (which, I guess thats what tinder is for the most part). This girl is attractive enough (easily my best looking match) that I would totally consider trying to date her if she turned out to be a normal human being, but not 18. I can't date 18. I tried 19 (she's 20 now) earlier this year and I was constantly worrying about what her friends and family think. I'm probably just too insecure with feeling too old to pull it off.

I graduated high school 7 years ago! She would have graduated high school months ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
Does Tinder actually work? My friends are all trying to convince me this is a good idea because I don't really drink/into the whole bar thing and gone pretty much every weekend either rodeoing or out of the province and apparently I've been single too long. Ugh. Single girl problems.

From what I've seen from my female friends with tinder, it's ridiculous. Completely different then how it's like for guys. They all get matches from pretty much every guy that pops up for them. I saw one girl go through like 40 guys in a row and they were all matches and even in her impeccably orchestrated, perfectly lit and carefully selected assortment of tinder selfies, she's nothing more than what I'd consider average at best. Guys also always start the conversation which is usually the hardest part of it all if you actually think the girl has any potential to be more than just a random lay-up. So yeah, to summarize how I've seen it work from a girls perspective, if you are normal looking or can at least take a good picture of yourself, you basically get to pick which ever guy you want to talk to and sit back while he decides if your worth mustering up the will to think of a way to break the ice.

Also, expect to get the most messed up lines you'll ever see.

Last edited by polak; 08-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.