View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #10
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner View Post
I wont get into too much detail, but I work for a company that issues air miles and I have crunched the numbers. If you only compare dollar for dollar, an air miles credit card against the market, it will come up short. However, if you are a somewhat dedicated collector, often shop at various air miles retailers, using your air miles credit card, and take advantage of promotions (for example spend 100 get a 100 at safeway or various promos run by bmo mastercard or amex) you will come out ahead.
Sounds like a good deal for me then. Things like, say, toilet paper, often have an air miles deal attached and that's something you can buy and store forever, so I always get it when there's a deal attached. Just last night, I was picking up a 6 pack of wine bottles. Deciding between two similar ones I like, the one had a bonus air miles promotion, so I chose that one.

The pharmacy option was great. They give you 7x your miles and I don't pay for my prescriptions, so it's even better. I know there was talk awhile ago about banning that practice, then it got overturned. I'm not sure if it has since stopped or not, because I haven't picked up prescriptions in awhile. My friend used to buy her elderly parents' many prescriptions and she got a ton of air miles that way!
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote