View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #53
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
But is he better than Monahan and Backlund? Come on man, there are a bunch of Ben Street's out there who are either playing in the AHL or not playing at all. Anybody can go out and skate and work hard, does not mean they should be centering the 1st line.
Well it's either that or have Street play with Sven or Hudler. I prefer to have Monahan with Sven to develop chemistry and Backlund with Hudler for the same reason. Those 4 guys all think the game at a higher level and need to play with each other.

Street, Glencross, and Jones play a simple game and have shown some chemistry. Ideally, we'd have someone better at than Street to centre our two power forwards but Colbourne hasn't shown enough yet and we don't have anyone else yet. I think for now, Street is our best option there till either Colbourne turns his game up or one of Knight or Horak start showing that they belong in the NHL permanently. Street outplayed both those guys in training camp.

Plus I also think that Hartley believes Street is Joe Sakic cause he really looks like him ;p

Last edited by 868904; 10-09-2013 at 09:29 AM.
868904 is offline   Reply With Quote