View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #41
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, now a days most people justify just permanently renting vehicles so they can have something newish all the time. It's a very odd line of thinking, but I totally get how people get themselves there and justify it.

Usually it's because most people have got to the point where they will always have car payments and then they take the next step of saying "Well, if I always have car payments then I might as well always have a new vehicle with those payments rather than paying something off and owning it."

Again, the reasoning doesn't make a ton of sense from a financial standpoint because obviously the idea that you should always have a car payment is flawed and usually comes more from reasoning yourself into having a nice vehicle than actual financial reasoning, but I digress.
Depending on your employment, leases are write-off-able. And since most vehicles start to rack up the R&M right around the time the financing is finished, for some people, making a car payment is easier than wondering if any big repair bills are looming. I prefer owning my truck, but my sister loves leasing a new vehicle every few years. If you looked at what we both spend, neither of us are really "winning".

I don't think it's all about the new car.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: