View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtofuhr86 View Post
This is probably the 100'th thread about this, sorry I tried to find others and the ones that I did, didn't quite answer the question I had. Plus that fad is ever changing.

I am looking to drop a few pounds maybe 10 to 15 range...the dilemma I have is that I work in Fort Mac, commute back and forth, work 12 to 14 hour days,my wife has a business I work on that with her on my days off 8 to 10 hours a day, we have 3 active kids, my parents are both elderly and need help....long story short I don't have time to hit the gym or exercise much. So I am looking to lose some weight (the easy way) by taking a shake, doing a cleanse etc. short term or long term. I am able to monitor my diet but just don't have the energy, will, time to exercise. What got me thinking about this is a fellow truck driver at work took some "drops" for a few months, and watched what he ate. It was expensive but he went from 225 to 180 over 3 to 4 months.

Any pointers would be helpful, thanks in advance.
I'll address the bolded points 1 at a time.

1)If you have 3 active kids, looks to me like you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
If you're kids are active, then you've got great motivation to spend time with them, and get some exercise for yourself.

2) Sorry to say it, but with that attitude, you're doomed to failure. There is no easy way, if there was, there would be 1 super rich guy in the world, and a bunch of skinny people. If you're looking for an easy quick fix, you'll either fall off the wagon and bounch back up (in which case what's the piont), or you'll get frustrated when you don't see the results as quickly and easily as you think you should, and you'll quit. Losing weight isnt' easy (trust me, I just recently lost 35 lbs, and I didn't do it by taking some drops), you've got to have a long term goal, and be willing to work and wait for it if you really want to be successful.

3) If he didn't do more than just take some drops, then I'd be willing to bet it's not the healthiest option. If he actually did something to drastically alter his diet, then good for him.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 04-10-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote