View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #19
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagoPucks View Post
Does the grid change every year based on ratings? I.e does 67 ov get a slightly different contract every off-season?

Does the 1st rounder getting a 2 year elc based on cphl draft position or nhl?
Doug answered the 2nd question but to provide more context - that rule was one of a few we put in place to allow for better talent distribution across the league. Prior to that teams, would wait 3 years to sign and then have 3 years of RFA so they didn't have to pay those stars until upward of 6 years down the road. So it brings that pinch point forward.

On the grid. The last few years we've used the same third party ratings package, which allows us to have more or less consistent grids. But I would stop short of saying they will be the same for sure, as each year is a little different and there is no guarantee that we will use the same ratings system, including because they tend to come and go over the years.

I would note that we don't make any changes to the ratings package as that introduces subjectivity into the process. The lone exception is where there are NHL players that missed an entire year and therefore may not be in the package. In those cases we typically give those players a "playable" rating but with very low Durability.

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 05-09-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: