View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
First bolded part. Wha?

Second part. Yes you'll still have a few slip through the cracks. No one is arguing that. But the rate is still far far less. Especially in the 'mass shooting' category.

It's funny because you're starting to show the same attitude of the Nose Hill Gentleman. You feel you NEED your gun to keep you safe from others (who you feel also probably have guns). Not only is that an impossible chicken and egg argument that just adds to the problem, by causing further fear, and more people to feel they need guns, but all the stats show that yes, gun crimes do diminish in countries with stricter controls.

The occasional criminal will still get their hands on it, but many won't. It especially cuts down on lots of crimes of opportunity, or crimes by young people who take their parents guns.

Funny enough, I heard a stat once that a large portion (quarter? more, less? I dunno I'll check it) of gun crimes in Canada are done with guns that originally came from the States. So guess where a good portion of OUR illegal guns come from? Kinda throws your argument back at ya. Maybe even the Vietnamese restaurant incident you were talking about. Imagine if our neighbor wasn't so gun crazy, we'd be even safer than we are now. And the criminals that ARE looking for illegal guns would have an even tougher time trying to find them.
You do know this is purely opinion right. You have said this many times like it's a proven fact.