View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #48
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Umm.. there's no faux confusion here. I have encountered many fakers. I don't make it my duty to figure out which ones are and which ones aren't though. If someone asks me if there are gluten free options at my party I don't ask them if they are Celiac or not. I point them in the direction of any things I know are, or say "no, sorry" and maybe offer up some options for getting said items.

I don't see why you need to make it your business whether it's a legit condition or their choice, or why you care. Like I said, I've never had anyone get upset about it if I don't have anything for them. I guess you've had different experiences in the regard. But if you automatically snap to the assumption that they're faking it, or get belligerent about it before knowing what their status is, it's not a surprise that people will get defensive, choice or otherwise.

Any confusion for me is the existence of these people who get all upset when you don't have options. Never encountered that person and, as said, I have had gatherings with people that check off all these boxes.
If you have a fake condition and are asking me to go out of my way to buy you special ingredients and prepare a dish especially for you when I have a bunch of other things to do in preparation for a party I'm kind enough to host and I want to enjoy myself at the party as well, then yeah, I care if it's a legitimate need of yours or if you're just being a tit. Maybe you have all the time in the world to take care of all the needs and wants of all those around you right now, but trust me, in a few years when you have a couple of kids, a wife and a host of your own responsibilities, your patience for people faking allergies will be at a minimum.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote