View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #42
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I would also like to add that almost anyone I know that has dietary restrictions, whether self-imposed or from a medical condition, who has come to a food-centered event has either brought their own acceptable dishes, or politely declined to eat anything that doesn't meet those conditions without any whining or scene-making.

Do people in here really have vegans showing up to their BBQs going "What? no vegan burgers? What are you, some kind of dick?!" Or is it just you going around offering pie and someone says "no thank you, I don't eat gluten" and for some reason that ticks you off?

Uhh why is it anymore or less likely than a nut or lactose condition? or basically any food allergy (shellfish, chocolate, etcc)?
Do you live under a rock? You haven't seen dumb people running around all over North America pretending to have a gluten allergy when you know they don't? And then six months go by and they're stuffing pizza into their face because it turned out they didn't have an allergy after all? You seriously haven't seen this?

If you have a fake nut or lactose condition I'll think you're just as stupid and I'll be just as unaccommodating. I specifically mentioned the gluten one because that's the 'in' one right now. Fifteen years ago the same type of person wasn't eating carbs. Five years from now it will be something else.

How many events/parties do you host? People with food preferences often feel the need to make their problem yours. And when multiple people do this at a big enough event, you simply cannot accommodate them all. If you're at a party of 30 people and you can't eat what the other 29 can, just worry about yourself, please.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote