View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #41
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I would also like to add that almost anyone I know that has dietary restrictions, whether self-imposed or from a medical condition, who has come to a food-centered event has either brought their own acceptable dishes, or politely declined to eat anything that doesn't meet those conditions without any whining or scene-making.

Do people in here really have vegans showing up to their BBQs going "What? no vegan burgers? What are you, some kind of dick?!" Or is it just you going around offering pie and someone says "no thank you, I don't eat gluten" and for some reason that ticks you off?

Uhh why is it anymore or less likely than a nut or lactose condition? or basically any food allergy (shellfish, chocolate, etcc)?
not quite that aggressive but I have been in a group where we took turns hosting for our meetings and it was one of the rules to provide a veggie option. when we went to their house, no meat option. I brought it up, apparently I was the one being rude in that whole exchange so I left for a better group. They should have to respect my lifestyle choice as much as I respected theirs.

of course I am basing this on one incident in my life, so maybe they were just a-holes regardless of their diet choice
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote