View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #709
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
And on the other side of the spectrum there's the equally dangerous thinking of "Things will be better next year" to the point where you're willing to trade away the 2015 1st. Moot point.

Even if they progress, it would be nowhere near substantial enough to justify giving next year's 1st up. The jump would be trivial, probably to like 6th or 7th from 4th this year. In a draft this deep no way do you take the chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
With this awesome logic, why are you stuck on a message board when you could be in the big office calling the shots? Surely you can convince the powers that be to make reckless trades because of near certainties you're convinced of?

The only negativity here is your inability to assess the situation at hand as it relates to our probable drafting spot next season and the depth of players that will be available.
Saved for posterity. Gaskal says Flames are guaranteed the first and GoJetsGo says the 5-10 pick next year will be better than the 2nd this year (except for the part where he backtracks his own point).

Your singleminded negative thinking will make it easy for me to ridicule you next year.

Flames will finish better than this year. Flames will draft no sooner than 5th in 2015.

GoJetsGo, if that is unrealistic positive thinking than I think you are simply burdened by a geographical mental handicap - being from MB, or even worse a MB wanna be, has conditioned you to see the worst in everything.

I realize that Winnipeg lacks the necessary infrastructure for you to congregate with your miserable peers, so why not let the good light of positivity from our fair city wash away those cynical thoughts? Calgary is the engine that drives Canada and the Flames are on the upswing. It's only going to get better from here on out.

The locals who are down on this team are just a bunch anonymous fence sitters who take easy cautious stand. You were all wrong this season just like you will be next.

You can go back to violently agreeing with each other now. Bye.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote