View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #167
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
If they're obvious descriptive statements, then they're not really "blatant slights against women". Pointing out reality is not pejorative. As for "making excuses for negative attitudes towards women", pointing out why some people might not be looking for a partner with children isn't making excuses. People are allowed to have preferences in terms of what they're looking for without it somehow reflecting negatively on them. No excuses are really necessary.
Thank you so much for pointing out reality. You are the hero women all people need!
:P

The issue wasn't personal sexual preferences though, everyone is aware that those differ person to person. The issue was broadstroke qualitative statements, like "women who are X need to readjust their expectations" or "women who are X are less viable." Nothing wrong with saying "I have the following preferences," but to turn it into some definitive statement on women as a whole is probably not great. Look at the post above, "I date 25-35 max"... no issue at all, because he didn't try to lay out some "truth" about 35+ year old women.

Do whatever though. I didn't see Peanut's post and think "Hey, this is begging for someone come in here and point out reality" but w/e. I just thought it was condescending.

Last edited by PepsiFree; 04-28-2017 at 09:34 PM.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote