View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 08:39 AM   #59
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some pretty good games thus far, particularly in Men's Open. Some really good teams this year.

Underwhelming - Canada. Not a good roster at all, aside from former Cavs player Dean Northover, but he's not in the same form as he used to be.

Better than expected - Brazil. They brought players in from across Alberta, and this team actually travels to these types of tournaments even in other provinces.
Eritrea - actually quite good. Very young, with their oldest player being about 23. They surprised a veteran Italy team last night by going up 3-0. They ended up holding on to a 3-3 tie after Italy took over. Former PDL player Dominic Russo playing for Italy.

Hilariously bad - Bangladesh. I don't think these poor kids knew what they were getting into when they signed up for this tournament. 15-1 loss to Italy followed up by a 21-0 loss to Brazil. They will lose their final game by a similar scoreline to Eritrea. Record setting pace for this tournament.

My O35 Canada team beat Scotland in our first game 5-1 in a rematch of last year's final. Play Ukraine tonight where a win will take us through to the semis.

Women's has a lot of disparity. It'll be Canada and Italy as the two favourites, with England being decent as well. Canada should win it without a doubt.

This tournament is likely the busiest I've ever seen it, to the point where there are literally no parking spots available, and it's a massive parking lot. I had to park across the street two nights ago.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote