View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 03:28 PM   #5312
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgin View Post
Can anyone who has done the Calgary to Hawaii via Vancouver connection recently chime in on how it went? We have a trip coming up and it’s been a few years since I’ve had to do that connection and I suspect it’s changed a bit post renovations at the Van airport.

Our flight from Calgary lands at 9:10, and flight to Maui leaves at 10:30. Presuming everything is on time, and assuming our luggage gets checked all the way through, I suspect we can make it but it seems tight. Last time I recall sprinting across the airport with a baby and all our baby gear and just barely making it. Kids are older now and less “stuff”, but still likely will have a car seat we are bringing on the plane for our youngest (2.5) to sit in.

Worth making a YYC express appointment for the security line at US connections? How long does it typically take to get to the connection point from a domestic WestJet arrival gate?

Anyone used the mobile passport control app offered by US Homeland to expedite preclearance? Worth using it?

Any other tips on making sure we make the connection?
Seems tight to me if you have a 2.5 year old and brelated stuff. We did Calgary to Kona via Vancouver last week. You have to go through both security and US customs. There was only 1 line open for security and we waited a solid 25 minutes. If you're going to do this definitely get the US customs MPC passport app (unless you have Nexus already) as you get a shorter line at customs/immigration if you use that to take your own photos.

I would try to take one flight earlier to Vancouver if possible.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote