View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #93
Flamescuprun2018
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Jankowski, Poirier, Gillies three stars!

Jankowski with Mangiapane and Frattin on first line!

Source: http://stocktonheat.com/news/jankows...way-vs-tuscon/

Jankowski’s Hat Trick Leads the Way vs. Tuscon

October 7, 2016/in News /by Brandon Kisker
Stockton, Calif. – The Stockton Heat defeated the Tuscon Roadrunners 3-2 Friday night at Stockton Arena. Mark Jankowski led the way with 3 goals to nab a hat trick, the first the team has ever recorded. Between the pipes, Jon Gillies made 19 saves for the victory. Thanks to Jankowski, the Heat were able to play both of the goal songs, and you can vote now on by logging on to StocktonHeat.com. The Heat will travel to Bakersfield tomorrow to complete the preseason against the Condors at 6:00 p.m.

SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period
Tucson Goal: F Lindsay Sparks (1) turnover leads to three-on-one opportunity with pass to backdoor leading to shot past goaltender (Cooper, Fejes), 2:40
HEAT GOAL: C Mark Jankowki, shot off rebound goes past goaltender into wide open net (Frattin, Kylington assists), 17:08 (PP)
Shots: STK – 10, TUC – 9

2nd Period
HEAT GOAL: C Mark Jankowski follows up breakaway and chips puck past downed goaltender (Poirier assist), 3:22 (SHG)
Tucson Goal: D Kyle Wood blast from point through traffic beats goaltender past goalie’s gloveside (Perlini, Mueller assists), 8:44 (PPG)
Shots: STK – 15, TUC – 7

3rd Period
HEAT GOAL: C Mark Jankowski wins faceoff and throws shot on net that initially is stopped in the air but trickles off the goalie’s back and in (unassisted), 18:53
Shots: STK – 12, TUC – 5

GOALIES
W: Jon Gillies (21 shots, 19 saves)
L: Adin Hill (37 shots, 34 saves)

NOTABLE STATISTICS
Three Stars: 1. Mark Jankowski, 2. Emile Poirier, 3. Jon Gillies
Final Shots: STK 37, TUC 21
Power Plays: STK 1/2, TUC 1/5
Despite it not going down in the history books since it occurred during the preseason, Jankowski’s hat trick was the first ever for the Heat.

QUOTES

“Obviously, it was good to come back and have success right off the bat and it’s preseason so we have a lot to work on as well. I’m playing with two really good line mates there in [Andrew] Mangiapane and [Matt] Frattin, so it’s easy to produce with guys like that.” – Mark Jankowski on how he felt coming back in his first preseason game with Stockton.

“I don’t know exactly how it went in, maybe it hit the goalie or maybe one of their D coming to the net. I don’t know, I just saw it laying there in the net after, so it was good to get that one and get the win” – Jankowski on his hat trick and game sealing goal late in the third.

“I’ve been getting better every time. The last game I played in Calgary against Winnipeg, even though we lost, I felt I played pretty well. The same thing kind of happened here. The first shot went in and then I settled in after that, but I feel okay and it’s a process. It’s been a long time and [I’m] just trying to get better every time.” – Jon Gillies on his comfort returning to the Heat for the first time since suffering his season-ending injury in 2015-16.

“I thought the [Mark Jankowski] line was good. Matt Frattin for me was very good, as well. I think that’s what we need from your older players. So you have two younger guys that he’s playing with. The older guys usually set the standard for how the team and the players play and I thought because he was on tonight and played a hard game, I thought Mark was good. I thought Andrew [Mangiapane] was good as well. So it was a line that did a lot of good things for us tonight.” – Head Coach Ryan Huska on his top line of Mangiapane – Jankowski – Frattin.

“I think for us there’s a confidence factor, knowing that if we make a mistake that Jon [Gillies] will make a save. And I thought that he was steady again tonight. When we were on our heels, he was there to make a save and I think your backend responds that way. So we know if something happens, that there’s a pretty good chance he’s going to bail us out, so even if you’re younger, you have a lot more confidence because of Jon in the net. It was a good first start for us.” – Coach Huska on Gillies performance in net.
Flamescuprun2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Flamescuprun2018 For This Useful Post: