View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 04:04 PM   #7
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Avengers Infinity War for me. Sky high expectations and it exceeded them in every way. Endgame was the opposite. Well below expectations. God the blip is mind blowingly stupid.

This one’s only partial but There Will Be Blood. I thought the trailer made it look like an interesting oil baron movie about business men going head to head and holy #### it was so, so much more.

Fury Road is a good one. I remember the first time I saw the trailer I couldn’t tell if it looked amazing or hilariously bad. Boy did it ever deliver.

The Martian. It was hard to believe it could live up to the book and it did. Total home run.

The Matrix. It was so hyped and yet still blew my mind.
The Martian and The Matrix are great ones for this. I couldn't think of any, but those two do it.

The Matrix totally blew my mind as well. Couldn't believe how awesome that was. Wide-eyed and amazed throughout. That was revolutionary.

The Martian, too. Loved the book and was looking forward to the movie, but tried not to get too excited. It fkn delivered, though. Man, even the trailer for The Martian is awesome. I still watch it sometimes hah.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: