View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #1
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Top movies With High Expectations and Over-Delivered

I find myself disappointed with movies more and more lately. Probably becoming a curmudgeon but I feel angry if a movie has let me down, so I tend to lower expectations to attempt reduce that effect. Stop movies twenty minutes in because I know I'm gonna hate it.

But what are the movies that you had high expectations and they delivered. Not great movies, because that is a plenty, but great movies that delivered.

1. Mad Max Fury Road - The previews looked bonkers, the Tina Turner barffest previously, but this movie had me smiling and laughing with glee 90% of the time. It's no Shakespeare but a masterpiece.

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Saw this in Sandpoint as a kid, probably my first movie ever and holy shat.

3. Kill Bill - Looked so good in the previews and it was way better. People who say "the blood was over the top" are immediately identified as objectively stupid. That was the point.

4. Inglourious Basterds - Watched it with a German friend who hates pretty much every movie and he just loved it.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post: