View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 07:02 AM   #253
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

In November of 2022 I got serious about my diet, continued to exercise regularly, and lost about 25-30lbs by the summer of 2023. I do yoga, go to the gym, ride a bicycle, run and play soccer. I’m 6’2 and that got me down to 200 lbs. I’m 40 years old.

6 weeks ago, I came to SE Asia. I did 28 days of cycling, along with backpacking/sightseeing.

I have managed to drop a further 10-15 lbs. for the first time since the age of 22, I have a six pack. I never thought this would ever happen again.

I owe it in part due to being really active here (obviously cycling, but also walking about 20,000 steps a day and not taking cabs when many other tourists would. I actually walked to the airport on an island I was on the other day for my flight, I didn’t see anyone else do it).

However, more importantly than that, no snacking. I eat 2 or maybe 3 meals a day here (I love me a yogurt, granola and fruit bowl in the morning!) and almost always drink water with the odd Coke Zero for supper on some days. I also have not been going to the gym while here at all. I do sit-ups/pushups/squats roughly every 2 or 3 days.

I eat very clean back home save for getting a pizza every Friday night. However, even though I eat clean, I still eat (snack) a fair bit at home when I’m watching tv, sitting on the couch or occasionally at work. They’re healthy snacks, but they’re still extra calories.

It will be interesting to see if I can maintain my physique and avoid snacking when I’m back (I fly back tomorrow).
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post: