View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #1030
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is no one drinking beer around here?? Thought Id bump the thread to see what everyone else has been drinking.

My local Co op managed to pick up a case of a the well renowned Stone Russsian Imperial Stout. I am generally iffy on Imperial stouts and porters, but this is definitely one beer I enjoy sipping on a winter day- not overwhelming on the alcohol taste at all, despite being almost 11%. I basically handle it like wine or Scotch and drink slow. By comparison, I recently had the Ballast Point Victory at sea and it was just too malty and boozy for me. Any recommendations on a more local Russian Imperial Stout that wont cost a crazy $15/bomber?

I was speaking highly of Collective Arts several months back, and after their series on IPAs, Im fairly confident in saying they are the best IPA brewery in Canada. If you want to sample a typical New England style IPA (unfiltered, less hops and pine, lots of citrus and fruit blends), I would suggest tracking down their IPA#4 before it is gone. Awesome beer and the closest you will get in Canada (from my tastings anyway) to the Trillium and Treehouse beers that have been dominating the craft beer world for a while now. Tokyo Drift from Last Best is certainly a nice local one, but Collective Arts out of Ontario seems to have the right formula.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 02-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote