View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I remember that well. It was a brutal stretch, and there were a few just like it.

You know too that half the people demanding a youth movement will be smashing their TVs on the lawn once the inevitable terrible streaks happen. And a good portion of the rest will just disappear until the team is good again like in 2004. Iknow most of them say they won't give up during the 3-5 year rebuild, and I think they really believe that, but it happened last time and I am sure it will happen again.

I love hearing about the old expectations. I came across a bunch of my old magazines from the 1990s when I was moving, but I had to get rid of them. I read a couple beforehand though. One of the season previews had compared Stillman to Sakic. They also talked about how Iginla was in Brian Sutter's doghouse because he was a lazy player and had to apply himself better. I know that describes a lot of young players, but people often forget that Iginla went through his fair share of growing pains as a young player.
Haha, surely you jest. 90% of flames fans would tolerate a rebuild.....

The Flames were primed to score more goals on Weimer's line. Fact remains is they didn't.

The only time the Flames ever made noise was with a sniper winger and an elite goalie (who shall remain unnamed) The two guys who need to be traded, ironically.

I'd love to see a bunch of Wilm, Shantz, Dubinskys come down the pipe. Bring on 7 more seasons!

Todd Simpson, Valeri Bure, Chris Dingman, etc.

Fans can cheer for a rebuild, but they might not have witnessed how the previous one went either.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote