View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #5872
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
I've made a few changes to my lifestyle, not because of the carbon tax per se as I was trying to reduce my footprint before the tax but it worked well for me for the last couple of years.

I can't afford triple pane windows so I've taken to buying the $5 plastic sheets from Canadian tire to put over my windows.

I've dropped the heat from 23 to 20 degrees, not sweater temps but it has made a difference.

Yes lights are turned off whenever a room is left but I also have a spare room which I shut the vents and close the door when it isn't needed. You can even take it more extreme and do it for all bedrooms and only open the vents right before bed.

I've changed my car's autostart from 15 to 5 mins and even though I never really did it I convinced (along with the carbon tax) my friends to not leave their trucks running while they run into the store "for just 5 mins".

These all seem like little things that don't matter, but it all adds up.
Holy hell dude.

23 degrees? 20 Degrees?

Turning off lights in unused rooms? Closing vents to unused rooms?

15 minutes of idling to warm up? How far are you going?

No wonder you're all for the Carbon tax and the NDP, you're starting from the lap of luxury and taking some minor steps down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
"You can't say that anymore because I said it's not settled. Didn't you hear what I said?"

Idiots. Why can't people just admit we're destroying the planet? I mean, the evidence is there and the motivation for putting about it is pretty ridiculous
Sorry, and this is going to sound harsh, but you sound like the PETA self-extinctionist extremists.

The only way to save the animals and the planet is to remove us from it.

Are you going to be the first person to take a knife to your kid? Its the only sure-fire way to save the planet, otherwise they're going to consume more resources than they supply.

Pitter patter.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg