View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #1142
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I was only pointing to the fact that teams can actually succeed with a rotation of starting goalies, and I don't think acquisition cost is relevant to that point. I realize that you are fixated on draft picks that are spent every year, but there comes a point where the value of the asset outweighs the <20% chance to draft a NHL player. I would argue that the accumulation of picks is not as important at this stage of their cycle as it was three years ago.

In any event—and as I have pointed out to you several times previously now—a more permanent solution in goal over the past two years would have cost Hamilton, Tkachuk or probably both. That is not a price I would be prepared to pay, and it would seem that neither is Treliving. He is trying to build a complete team, not just resolve goaltending.
You are over reacting to a benign question. I don't think you can argue acquisition cost matters in one scenario, but not in the other. As you correctly point out, he is trying to build a championship team not just resolve goaltending.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote