View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #39
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
As far as prospects go I can see why. It's easier to acquire guys who "get the job done" through trades or free agency.

Never understood using high picks to take guys like Kanzing, Sielofff, Wotherspoon etc. prefer to see those picks used on guys lik Andersson, Kylington, Fox who have unreal skill levels but other issues in their game
They didn't have to use a high pick on those three latter guys, did they? In any event, I wouldn't characterize Andersson as a flashy player. His drop in the rankings was due to fitness concerns, mostly.

As for the first three, Kanzig was a third round pick, so I'm not sure why you include him. And Wotherspoon was a late second rounder. Sieloff was a mid second round pick, so the highest of the bunch but still not a "high pick". And I can't see any flashy player over whom he was taken, can you?

I wasn't talking about using picks, but as far as that goes, I wouldn't characterize Monahan or Tkachuk as flashy. But I sure won't argue about them getting picked over a flashier/higher risk player. And they picked up their flashiest player with an extremely late pick.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote