View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #10
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
What I normally do is call the listing Realtor and have them show me the property. If the property is worth going forward with I then get my Realtor (Realtor1) involved for a second showing. Now I do this mostly to not waste Realtor1's time since I don't really care about the listing Realtors time since that is their job! They will give you a hard sales pitch though so just make up an excuse that your realtor is on vacation
For the record, I have never asked that it be done this way lol.

Keep in mind, that seller signed a listing agreement where they have agreed to pay whatever the commission is. There is a good chance the listing realtor gets paid on both ends of the deal anyway and you just missed out on the opportunity to have a professional in your corner.

My clients from CP can vouch for the fact that I am very blunt with my analysis when viewing properties. I don't sugar coat anything and one might be surprised at what I have to say about specific properties. I have no problem giving my opinion , even if it is negative. You are working with me to hear my opinion as I view dozens of properties weekly. I know what you want and can tell you if there are better options available.

I just finished working with a gal who thought we found the perfect place. I had a candid discussion with her that although it was the best available option at the time, I know of certain floor plans in the area that are much more suited for her. At the end of the day, we found her something that crossed off more of her wish list.

Same goes for condos. One of the most valuable tools a realtor can have is to understand the makeup of a condo and know the ins on different buildings. It is quite frequent a client will send me a list of condos and we end up eliminating half of them without having to see them in person.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: