View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Bumping this thread. Not sure about GL, but I have got my setup going and I absolutley love it.

I went over to my parents house and robber their old Sony PS-11:

I brought it home. It needed a good cleaning and a stylus. So I cleaned it up and bought a stylus on eBay for $10.

I was going to look into buying speakers and an amp, but then I had the idea that it should play on my old 1990's Pioneer shelf CD deck receiver on the AUX input.

Sure enough it worked. Sound was really quiet so I got a $30 pre amp and now the thing rocks.

So it cost me about $45 total so far to get the thing up and running. I plan on buying some real speakers soon and a real amp for it, but what I have going at the moment will suffice.

Playing full anal bum records is an experience that has been lost in the digital age. You want to pause the album...you can't. You want to fast forward or rewind, you can;t really do that either. it's something special for sure, and the sound is raw and special.
I remember setting up my Dad's old Sony turntable in conjunction with his beastly set of wood-housed Baycrest speakers and pumping Led Zeppelin II. That sound it produced simply cannot be recreated in a digital format.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post: