View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:47 AM   #49
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
My acoustic doesn't have an audio jack, but I do like the idea of singing softly and then adding another layer of vocals sort of like karaoke. That sounds like it would the perfect compromise.

For my electric guitar, I have an old BOSS ME-50 pedal board and was thinking of using the lower octave effect to create bass lines. I'm assuming thats doable?

I would plug the BOSS ME-50 into whatever usb audio interface I'm using? I used to have a bass guitar but sold it a few years ago.

For effects the sky is the limit once you start using a DAW. You can tune the whole thing down so low that only gophers can hear it.

* warning I make janky ass recordings*

You can set up a condenser micro record from your amp ( my preference) or you can plug directly into the mixer if you want, but to do that you need to make sure that your mixer has true playback so that you can here the recording in real time without delay. This is always going to be a bit of an issue with cheaper gear and slower computers and less powerful DAWS. TBH this part makes my head spin. there are ways to account for this delay in your DAW, I couldn't explain properly how to set it up.

A part of the reason people play to clicks is that most DAWS can kinda snap things into place because of this ( which is really helpful or super annoying depending on what your trying to do).

Anyhow that kind of off to the side, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you notice it, but when you're choosing a mixer, or interface, having that real time playback so you can listen exactly how it comes in through the mixer is something to look out for. My little mixer for example does not do this, I get around it by playing the audio straight from my computer into my ears when I am playing, but damn if I don't run into lag all the time because I'm using cheap ass gear.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 04-26-2024 at 10:56 AM.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote