View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #56
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
My takeaways,

Lots of fun, happy I bought seasons tickets.

I was Very impressed with Jeremie Poirier. Has great poise and confidence with the puck while displaying high offensive awareness.

I feel this was a great game if you wanted to make an argument for or against Matthew Phillips making the big club… you can see offensive upside and skill with two incredible goals…but also easily knocked off the puck when engaged in a battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were there, tons of fun, definitely glad we went. I'd like to see more concessions open on the club level. Choices were very long line or hike back up to the main concourse, even while play was on.

Quoted this post as I thought Phillips was interesting. He definitely had an NHL flash imo. The most impressed I was with him was when he collided with Olofsson on the boardd by the penalty box at the end of the second. He stayed up and Olofsson (listed as 6'2, 201 lb D) went down. Wranglers kept the puck and the play ended with the third goal. I think if he loses that battle we don't score that goal.

But he definitely wasn't winning battles for the puck in the corners, and iirc one of those losses led to a goal against. I think he'd be an asset on the big club but would probably end up being a whipping boy as well.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote