Thread: Radar detectors
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #27
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
This. I don't understand the mentality. Most of this forum loves to complain about other drivers doing things they shouldn't, but expects to be allowed to speed when nobody is looking. Radio stations broadcasting the radar locations really bugs me. Instead of encouraging speeding but not getting caught, why isn't the message of "just don't speed" reinforced?

I don't speed. Yes there are times when I realize I'm going over the limit unintentionally, but if I get pulled over in those situations and am given a ticket, I will likely have deserved it.
A lot of times speeding doesn't have anything to do with safety. It's an arbitrary number often imposed in order to trap drivers. Like a lot of infractions that give you tickets, it's mostly a tax.

Some things like running red lights, driving while distracted by some device, or not signalling don't fall into this category and need to be enforced.

of course when driving in Calgary, signalling a lane change just alerts the other driver to block you off, so I take that back.

Last edited by Vulcan; 10-26-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote