View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 03:44 PM   #656
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll take a 1-1 draw in Ottawa ahead of a Can Champ match on Tuesday.

With Akio on the right, Kamden (then Musse) on the left I am surprised that Shaw was the starter. He’s not a big physical guy and the game plan seemed to be put in crosses. Seems like a mismatch in play styles to me. Especially seems weird to try and pump in a million crosses against Didic. But it almost worked.

I liked Shome inverting today, I’m surprised so many don’t. Thought he really helped Cavalry control play especially with Trafford and Gutierrez (and Klomp) being sloppy with the ball. Now that said I think the lineup and formation they ended the match with was better than the one they started with. I think Shome has to be on the field as he’s their smartest midfielder and it probably comes down to whether or not you think Trafford or Aird is going to have the bigger impact on the game as to where Shome plays.

Aird had a couple beautiful crosses but otherwise was not good. I like him being used in a “break glass in case of emergency” role to come in and hit crosses if they need a goal. Or he would’ve been a better option to start at RW instead of Akio to pump in crosses.

Marco has got to do better than make himself as small as possible on that corner. Play Barrett in the cup.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote