View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 12:54 PM   #1402
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This is really difficult to do, as it depends on what the Criminal Code and the SCC have to say about it.

Again, it's not a bad idea in theory, but doesn't really work logistically. It relies on the idea that addicts know who they're buying their drugs from. You'd also have to implement punishments for those who don't cooperate, which just ends up with putting users in jail again.
I know the tools aren't there. It would take a huge shift in the justice system and law enforcement that wouldn't happen quickly.

I just find it really dumb that police can find evidence that a crime took place (trafficking, manufacturing, or importing drugs), but can't or don't collect the evidence and investigate the larger crime. It would be like saying, possession of stolen objects is not a crime, but not following up with the person in possession of the stolen objects to find out how they got them. If such a law were to be implemented, I have no doubt that theft would increase because it would put a barrier preventing law enforcement from investigating.

I know it's a pipedream, but I would like to see measures in place for accessible clean drugs and anybody caught illegally trafficking be given the Ross Ulbricht treatment.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-12-2024 at 01:04 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote