View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #12
robaur
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Would you want the company you work for to take 15% off your paycheck to make sure they don't overpay you in case the company doesn't meet their revenue projections? If I signed a contract 3 years ago I would hope I actually get paid the amount that was agreed on. The escalator creates a larger escrow and makes it more likely you want get all that escrow back.
Why does this matter if at the Year-End, all of the player accounts are reconciled based on the terms laid out in the CBA?

The players are able to earn their contracts through the NHL and as per their CBA agreement. It's just a part of the business that they're in.

I don't complain to the government every year if I have too many taxes withheld from my pay throughout the year....I just file my taxes and collect my refund...

The players aren't losing any money....their money is just being withheld so that the exact amounts can be sorted out as per the CBA at year-end....don't understand the fuss. In order to avoid this, maybe the players should have agreed to fixed dollar amounts in advance for the CBA...this is what you get when there variable numbers in play.
robaur is offline   Reply With Quote