View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #19
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't like it, I thought it was dirty, and I was a little ashamed of Tkachuk for throwing that elbow in that situation where Doughty wasn't expecting it. Tkachuk has this habit of doing things "accidentally, on purpose", which makes the incidents not as blatant as others, but no less dangerous or dirty.

I don't like those kinds of plays, regardless of who I'm cheering for. However, I'm not even going to get into suspension talk because the league is hypocritical and inconsistent when it comes to suspensions.

It doesn't matter if Doughty has been guilty of dirty plays or stick work in the past. The fact remains that dirty plays need to be drummed out of the league, not given a tit for tat standard. Punish ALL dirty plays harshly, and hopefully it will remain under control.

When it comes to Matt, I just want him to play with a physical edge and cut out the head butts, slew foots, and elbows. Get in the opponents face, make life for the goalie hard, play physically with your body, but cut out the dirty stuff.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: