View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 09:31 PM   #19150
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone else watch the ANDP leadership debate?

Was a little boring actually. A bunch of adults in the room, mostly agreeing with each other.

Hoffman came across like a raving lunatic. She kept trying to attack Nenshi (I suppose he's the clear frontrunner at this point), but it reminded me of a time I shared a cab with a random dude in Kelowna and he spent 20 minutes trying to convince me that the bees were being killed off by cellphone signals. Just repeating the same nonsensical position and trying to make it seem like she would stand chance against the UCP.

Gil was the only person I wasn't familiar with already. I expected a union shill, but he came across as quite reasonable, albeit almost entirely focused on the economy and fiscal policy.

Ganley was good, but wasn't amazing.

Jodi Calahoo was impressive. I like her attitude, but I'm not convinced she'd be a good leader. Maybe in 20 years.

Nenshi was solid. He did a good job by repeatedly clarifying that everyone on the stage would be 100000x better than the UCP. He got attacked for his lack of policies by the others, but none of the attacks really struck home for me.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post: