View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #67
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Another dissatisfied, miserable lawyer here. Just tired of the constant stress (my practice is mostly litigation) and lack of reward (either financial [I know way too many car salesman who make more money than I do] or otherwise). It's just exhausting being responsible for other people's problems every single day.

I've been fantasizing about an escape for over a year now but I keep telling myself to stick it out a little longer (because I loved law school so much). Anyway, just started a new position that I think may be promising, so I at least have some hope at the moment.
Same boat here. Loved law school, love law, hate the practice of law. The firm I'm at is probably as good as it gets for firm practice.

People find it surprising, but the money really isn't that good for the time and stress, even in a junior capacity. I know nurses, teachers and salesmen who, when counting pensions/options make far more than I do for far less hours. Vacation is an illusion, since we're expected to be available at least a couple times per day to check emails, etc.

For every great client who is open, honest, and has integrity, there's three who would knife you in your sleep for free work, or to use you as a liability shield.

There's a reason people hate lawyers and its because we're a product of our environment. Every job has its pros and cons though I suppose.

Last edited by Thunderball; 08-20-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote