View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
If Ferland isn't good enough at this point to beat out guys like Kolanos, Laing, Walter etc. I am not sure what he is going to gain from either him or others being put in their roles and playing above their heads.

Plus, it isn't like the 3 guys you mentioned are top prospects being held down and likely all 3 never make the Flames outside of maybe a gimme game here or there.

He is 20 years old, has had a marginal career/potential for a prospect so far so going back to junior is likely the best thing for his development and the Flames organization at this point.
I just don't see the point in signing 3o year old journeyman for a development team. At that level, You should be sinking or swimming with prospects whether they are good or not. A marginal prospect still has room to develop, a 30 something journeyman is done. There's an investment opportunity even with a marginal prospect but there is zero return with a journeyman.

I can understand a signing like Street and maybe even Mcelvie as both guys arre in their mid 20's but McCarthy, Walter, Kolanos, does not fit in with the whole development process.