View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 02:11 AM   #17
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I also don't like the lap-band and gastric bypass procedures. They aren't fixing the cause. They make you feel full, but from physical volume of food. Different foods have different caloric densities. A kilogram of broccoli (depending on preparation) will give you ~340 calories (and that's a lot of friggin' broccoli), but only 100 g of cheese will give you ~403 calories. Those procedures (obviously) aren't capable of discerning high calorie foods from low calorie foods.
Actually Yoni specifically advised me to consider the gastric bypass, the evidence shows that this is the only surgery that resets in most cases cravings and the messed up connection between most obese people's stomach/brain connection.

The studies on gastric bypass have been excellent in its long term results and considering what we now know about the seriously obese losing weight and keeping it off long term this until we find something better for that category of people is truly a godsend.

Only of course as a last resort, I would never recommend it casually, you still have to make great changes but the surgery forces you to make changes immediately and for many years to follow which creates a learned habbit that should carry most for a long time. But what intrigues me is the last 3-4 years is all the research in the biome and its affect on how we eat, even the poop transplant stuff is very promising, not to mention the work being done on the gene editing to turn on 2 key genes that increase metabolism, which would be a godsend for overweight people who've had their metabolism damaged through years and years of yoyo dieting.