Thread: [PGT] Flames 1 Team Hrudey 2
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #88
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

5 pages and I see a lot of hate on both Hrudey and Cammalleri. To top it off only one gif

Not sure why the hate on Hrudey for bringing up how Eddie Lack played. He's one of the reason why the Canucks won the game. I thought the game was ugly and boring as not a lot of shots. Both teams are pretty cautious to make mistakes and there are a lot of blocked shots. I think I even heard Ball and Hrudey saying 54+ blocked shots between the two teams. Oh we lost but i am not too ticked off about it. Yes it would have been nice to beat the Canucks but no biggie.

Joni Ortio is actually playing well but so far he gave up 3 goals on scrambled in front of the net. It wasn't a 100% his fault because defensemen or forward should not let the opposing players to keep putting a stick while Ortio is trying to hold off the puck. I like his play though and I feel more confident in him than Reto Berra though.

The kids are alright. Granlund is improving and I like the way he goes back in a play defensively. Monahan is beginning to show his touch in front of the net while Colborne is starting to get comfortable with his new position and also starting to use his size. Paul Byron I think is here to stay. The guy got some speed and he's creative with the puck. I think the weakest rookie we have so far is Ben Hanowski but he is not that bad. He uses his body lately too but we can't really see what is capable of doing because he is playing less minutes and on the 4th line. As for Wotherspoon, i think he is doing well in his two games so far. It's great that he's got the taste of the NHL late this season. Not sure how long he will be in Flames uniform(back to Abby when Wideman comes back).
Anyways I am very pleased with how the rookies are playing.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post: