View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #541
GaiJin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by para transit fellow View Post
I don't understand your point. Who the ########## runs out of fuel? Morons?

Stupid people?

Who?

When we had propane vehicles, we had even higher tow bills because Gas station attendants didn't know how to properly refuel propane... And the gas guage that's on a propane vehicle is notoriously unreliable.

I would take electric in a heartbeat over propane.
The fuel gauge on our propane forklifts are dead accurate but people just fail at reading them.The % left of battery on our electric forklifts are far more inaccurate, it will be at 75%,load some paper bails and its at 40%. Load a couple of more, and suddenly its stuck in a van trailer at the dock, no where near linear discharge. If you run out of propane, its 2 minute tank change, we just chain tow the electrics off to the charger.
The electrics are all our newer machines, but as drivers, we prefer the propane power, as the power of the machine is always constant. I haven't driven an EV, but on the forklifts, you can really notice the performance drop off as the battery starts to discharge and the response, capability and control of the machine changes constantly. I would hope EV's would be more refined than forklifts in regard to power delivery, especially in winter conditions.
GaiJin is offline   Reply With Quote