Lazar - 12G/14A/26P
Jankowski - 11G/22A/33P
Ferland - 22G/16A/38P

Hamilton - 15G/41A/56P
Giordano - 10G/29A/39P
Brodie - 7G/39A/46P
Stone - 8G/18A/26P
Hamonic - 4G/20A/24P

(All of these paced for 82 games, so obviously injuries will occur and skew these totals.)

Yeah I was optimistic, but I don't see any of those being super reaches.

Versteeg paced for 44 points last year, but only played in 69 games.

I actually think I was sort of cautious with Dougie, he could break 60 seeing more PP time.

I'm expecting a big season from Brodie, especially now with it looking like he's going to be seeing time with an NHL caliber partner. Whether that be Hamonic, or Stone, it's still a tremendous upgrade from Jokipakka/Engellend/Wideman and I see it doing nothing but helping his game on both ends of the ice.

Gaudreau & Monahan are talented, will (hopefully) be playing injury-free, are both beyond contract controversies and are already accustomed to GG's system. They both ended the season on a hot-streak. A good start is all what separates them from their current level to where I think they have the potential to be.

Here's hoping for more growth from Tkachuk and Bennett. Chucky could hit that wall, but I think he's too good to. An elite passer, so it wouldn't shock me to see him skyward of 40 assists. For Bennett, again a good start is crucial. He's a force when he's playing his game (as we saw in the PO's). Please stop taking those bad O-zone penalties and avoid GG's doghouse. If he can do that, I see no reason why he can't take that proverbial 'next step'.

Lazar/Ferland/Janko could all probably be lowered, but I have high hopes for Jankowski and hope to see him with the big club all season. Stajan and Chiasson had 23 and 24 point seasons respectfully and I think Lazar is at least as talented as either of them. Ferland is on the high-side for sure, but he should see career numbers if he's able to gel and stick on that top line.
Yes, might be a bit optimistic, with an estimated total of 254 goals for, that's an average of more than 3 per game!
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote