View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #37
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Backwards compatibility is always listed by gamers as necessary, but in practice very few people actually play older games.
Yeah, I've seen BC described as something that everybody wants but nobody really uses. Sure there will be the rare outlier but it's pretty irrelevant for the vast majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Instead, they create this BS demand by purposely choking their own supply of them. They've totally dropped the ball on potentially making mounds of cash off this thing, and for what purpose? To drive up hype and piss off consumers?
I generally agree but maybe I'd go out on a limb and suggest that they're a very conservative company when it comes to physical (hardware) goods. They have the same trajectory for things like the Wii, amiibos, the NES Classic, heck even the recent 3DS black Friday version. They REALLY don't want or have the capacity to hold or be stuck with hardware idling in warehouses if they wrongly estimate the demand for these items. They must have some internal phobia about pulling a Blackberry or Microsoft having to take a charge on unsold phones or tablets.

I could be totally wrong though.

Last edited by chemgear; 12-08-2016 at 12:10 PM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote