View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #30
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Well you don't know this. There is a huge market for this. People who buy this aren't buying it for the great game play so I don't think they'll lose money to ps4 and Xbox games. The entire system is less than one game on ps4 and Xbox as well.

You might think it's stupid they didn't produce enough but I at least know 25 people who want this system and are continually looking to find it. Maybe I'm crazy but I think this will be the best selling system ever. Won't make the most money but just overseas this game will sell millions. At that price, it'll sell like pancakes.
It would sell like pancakes, if NOA produced enough. But since we are arguing in anecdotes, I'll offer you mine: I got ahold of one for a Christmas present. If NOA had not stupidly created an artificial supply limitation, I would have gotten a second one for myself. But the longer the shortage lasts, the less likely I am to buy. After all, I already own most of the games off it I like on either my 3DS or Vita, the the primary purpose of such a purchase would be for it to look nice on a shelf. But as time goes on, that impulse fades.

As far as best selling system ever goes, that title is held by the PS2 at 155 million units. The NES/Famicom, by comparison, reached only 40% of that total, and just over 61 million units. I think it decidedly unlikely that Nintendo will sell over 2 1/2 times as many retro consoles with no ability to add games as it did the original thing.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote