Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For all of the money raised and Robert's stunning success with building theme based games this had better be the most awesome game ever or its going to be a massive disappointment.

The problem with developing a MMO especially one as creative as this is players attention spans are incredibly short unless the experience is awesome and there is a continual content add on roadmap.

I just want to launch off the deck of a carrier in a sleek fighter and form up with a squadron to hunt pirates.

I remember that was the best part of any wing commander game was the tension of launching in a fighter against and unknown number of enemies with humanities future on the line, and actually using maneuvers in the manual instead of just spinning my fighter around in a circle.

I remember in wing commander 1, the first time I came up against a wing of Drathi that spotted me and my wingman of formed up to attack. Hitting my afterburner while jamming my stick forward, then killing my engines and pulling up my nose to gun them as they flew overhead and desperately tried to follow me and seeing the leader explode.

It was awesome and immersive and better then flight simulators of the time that you either kept spinning your plane until they flew into your sight or flying straight at them until you got missile lock and letting go (I remember the first time I tried that in WC1 and watched in horror as a Jalthi (with 6 guns) opened fire, blew my missile out of the sky and killed me in two shots.

I want that realism, I want to feel like I need to know how to fight my ship and understand how my weapons and thrust work. I want to feel like I'm being thrashed around my cockpit trying to lose a fighter on my tail.

I want to feel like I'm actually there instead of in front of my computer pretending.

I'm hoping 14 million bucks buys that.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote